Guest Service Supervisor
Department: Tsawwassen Mills – Guest Services
Position type: Permanent Full-time, with a 6-month probation period.
The primary function of this position is to build and maintain an efficient, cost-effective, and high-performance Guest Services team that delivers industry leading customer service while achieving the objectives of corporate management.
- As a Supervisor at the company, always conduct oneself in a polite and respectful manner to external contacts.
- Always dress appropriately and presentably.
- Adhere to company structure flow as designated by senior management.
- Diligently report to, support, and work with senior management to produce the best possible results.
- Help maintain a healthy and productive workplace environment by self modeling diligent and respectful behavior.
Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Central Walk’s Customer Service Standards: to unwaveringly deliver industry-leading customer service based on kindness, empathy, and experience.
- Always maintain a high level of understanding of Tsawwassen Mills offered services, existing tenants, and marketing campaigns.
- Report to and work closely with the Administrative Manager and Operations Manager to achieve departmental and senior management goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with the Guest Services team, with specific emphasis on collective and company-wide respect and cooperation.
- Build and maintain relationships with the community, tenants, and customers.
- Lead by example as supervisor to set the tone for Central Walk’s Customer Services standards.
- Educate and train Guest Services Representatives to reach company standards.
- Raise the profile of company and shopping centre through alertness and correspondences to relevant community or industry events.
- Actively support and work with all Tsawwassen Mills employees to produce best possible results.
- Carefully and considerately handle customer complaints from initial response until resolution with courtesy of company Customer Service Standards.
- Daily: monitor and record all offered services which includes gift card sales, complimentary strollers/wheelchairs, gift wrapping, etc.
- Track and monitor gift card sales which include supervising the maintenance or reconciliations of related files such as the daily sales report and inventory list; the goal is to both increase revenue and to ensure that records are accurate for accounting and forecasting purposes.
- Assist the Marketing Department with the execution of marketing programs as required.
An ideal Candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality, tourism or related field.
- Related experience in a position requiring exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience leading a team is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Experience in Gift Card management is a must.
Flexible and able to work shopping centre hours which include weekends, nights, and holidays.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tsawwassen, BC V4M 0B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location