Sensea Immersive is BC's first permanent immersive art exhibition, located at the Tsawwassen Mills Mall, opening June 2021, and our first production is the Da Vinci Experience. We are building a passionate and creative team that learns, collaborates, and succeeds together. As Sensea's employee you will have the opportunity to grow with our young company and to work in a new concept environment (fusing art and technology).
We are recruiting for two Gallery Supervisors full-time (35 hours/week) permanent positions.
As a Gallery Supervisor, you will represent our company and will provide excellent customer service to ensure our guests will have the best experience in our gallery so they will spread the word to their friends, families and associates.
Tsawwassen Mills Mall provides bus transportation to the mall from Surrey and is a transit-accessible location with plenty of great restaurants and cafes nearby.
We are looking for individuals who pride themselves in solid organizational and people skills to make sure our guests have a positive experience from the moment they arrive till their departure.
Our team will be cross trained and as part of the role, will be the first point of contact for our guests. Responsibilities include being the friendly face to greet guests, providing accurate wait times and escorting customers through the facility.
Gallery Supervisors perform a number of duties, from guiding guests through the facility to ensuring that displays are secure and protected. This aspect of the job includes asking people to not stand too close to each other (covid), and/or displays, refrain from touching the displays (covid), and keep hold of young children. Some works may be placed behind rope stanchions or behind glass to avoid potential damage.
This can be a gratifying job for art enthusiasts because you are surrounded by educational tools and immersive art all day and to have the opportunity to speak to guests about them.
One of the most fulfilling aspects of Gallery Supervisor is that you are the face of the museum. Either as a Supervisor or ambassador you often answer questions about the work and assist visitors. It is important in this role to have knowledge of the works and the artists, and training will be provided. You also will help visitors find their way around, operate special viewing equipment and assist with other handouts or materials, including the Virtual Reality experience.
Gallery Supervisors are also responsible for opening and closing the space, advising visitors it is time to leave and assisting with turning off electronic media works.
We are looking to hire an exemplary Gallery Supervisor to help coach our Gallery Ambassadors to deliver exceptional customer service. The Supervisor will build a strong team and shape staff behaviors to accomplish desired results. You will play a collaborative role in growing and implementing standards and processes. You will maintain documentation such as correspondence and operational records, scheduling staff and will be responsible for the communication through email to our clients.
To ensure success you need to employ prudence and tact in interacting with others and be focused on customer and staff retention. Preferred candidates are able to perform to a high level of accuracy and are meticulous and organized.
Gallery Supervisor Responsibilities:
· Overseeing and assessing customer service staff duties and providing them with regular performance-related feedback
· Strategizing and monitoring the daily activities of customer service operations
· Assisting customer service staff with duties where required
· Training staff in areas of customer service and company policies
· Managing tickets, coverage and customer flow to ensure proficient customer service
· Investigating and solving customer service complaints
· Assisting with the development and implementation of service policies and explaining these to staff and customers
· Maintaining documentation pertaining to customer service department activities
· Staff scheduling and collaborating with staff regarding scheduling options
· Maintain a clean venue and staff area
· Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children, elderly)
· Answer incoming calls, reply to business emails and address customers' queries
· Assist staff as needed
· Performing additional duties where needed.
Gallery Supervisor Requirements:
· Proficient knowledge of customer service, and standard Worksafe regulations
· Experience in managing ticket sales/reservations
· Proficient computer skills
· Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong people skills.
· Excellent phone etiquette.
· Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire facility
· Available to work shifts
· Supervisors will have graduated from High School, a recognized university or college level program, plus 2+ years of work experience in supervision or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience
· Knowledge or interest in Art History is an asset
Please note, only qualified candidates will be contacted.