Service Shop Technician
Become part of something bigger at Sport Chek. Share your passion and experience and help inspire others to be their best. Explore and learn, become your personal best and feel the satisfaction of making a difference. Become connected, to a community of people all working towards the same goal.
Bring us your enthusiasm, your energy, and your commitment. Become an ambassador of your sport, and work side by side with like-minded people dedicated to inspiring and helping your community lead more active healthy lives.
As a Service Shop Technician, you're as good with people as you are with your hands. After all, it's your job to interact and connect with customers, assess their needs, and then set up, repair, and maintain their sporting equipment.
What you'll do
- Ski and snowboard repair including applying P-Tex on gouges and scratches, base patches, beveling, edge replacements, and de-laminations
- Daily use and maintenance of ski tuning machinery including Wintersteiger
- Mount a variety of ski and snowboard bindings without instruction or supervision
- Sharpen skates
- String racquets
- Assembling/disassembling different types of bicycles
- Wheel building, wheel truing, tire changing
- Crank arm replacement, change derailleurs, headset overhaul, chain check, and replacement
- Changing brakes, brake and shift levers, cables
- Fill out the proper documentation for receiving, servicing and returning customer products
- Maintain a clean and organized area
What you will get
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you will bring
- Currently active in sports and activity
- Passionate about living a healthy, active lifestyle
- Previous experience waxing or tuning your own ski or snowboard
- Passionate about skiing/snowboarding and are mechanically inclined
- Ability to lift at least 25lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Good team player and communicate clearly with customers
- High School education
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada's only national big box sporting goods retailer, with over 400 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy and active lives?
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Friday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Sunday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Monday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 7:00pm