Guest Services Representative (Part Time)
Position type: Hourly Part time
Enthusiastically and consistently delivers on the Ivanhoe Cambridge mission of "Continually striving to surprise and engage the consumer and retailer by consistently delivering superior customer experience." Committed to providing an exceptional Customer Experience. The Guest Services Representative must ensure every customer interaction is carried out in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of the shopping centre's services, amenities/facilities, stores/locations, promotional activities and comfort tools;
· Proactively seek opportunities to create memorable customer interactions to assist customers and provide excellent service;
· Assist the Guest Services Supervisor with developing strategic plans and tactics for improving customer service offerings for shoppers, retailers and contractors;
· Constantly strive to improve and build upon the centre's service and seeks new ideas to incorporate into service menu;
· Interact with shoppers and retailers in a courteous and efficient manner;
· Sell shopping centre gift cards and balance sales to transactions, following gift card and finance policies and procedures;
· Drive gift card sales. Understand sales performance/key trends and communicates pertinent information to management and Guest Services staff;
· Projects a positive attitude over the telephone, on KIPSU and in person;
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with retailers and educate them about the centre's services;
· Assist guests by providing directions/information, answering questions, and performing other centre specific services such as parcel carry-out and store escorts;
· Assist with the tracking, analyzing and reporting of all customer service programs;
· Empower and motivate Guest Services teams to create memorable customer experience and interactions;
· Maintain store knowledge about merchandise, price points, sales or special events to be able to offer gift or store suggestions based on the shopper's needs;
· Assist with promotional events in the areas of ballot distribution/collection/sorting, GWP's, special event ticket sales, etc.;
· Act as a delegate to facilitate Meet & Greets with group tours;
· Act as Bus Ambassador and Shuttle Concierge during tourism and peak seasons for the Downtown, Ferry and Surrey Shuttles;
· Assist Guest Services Supervisor with tracking inventory and advising when stock needs to be re-ordered;
· Be aware of the centre's Crisis Management Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Services role and areas of responsibility as outlined in the plan;
· Able to develop schedules and prepare timesheets as needed;
· Participate in special projects and assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· High school education;
· Strong written and oral communication skills, Mandarin is an asset;
· Previous customer service experience preferred;
· Positive attitude and a strong desire to provide excellent customer service;
· Must be able to effectively communicate with shoppers, retailers, centre Management, Service Providers and all of the shopping centre personnel;
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of professionalism;
· Conflict resolution/management skills;
· Must be friendly, approachable, proactive and solution-focused;
· Excellent computer skills (including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint);
· Flexible and able to work weekends, nights and holidays.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that is among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge's commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
- Monday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Thanksgiving Day - Oct. 14, 2019 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Remembrance Day - Nov. 11, 2019 11:05am - 7:00pm
- Black Friday - Nov. 29, 2019 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Christmas Eve - Dec. 24, 2019 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Christmas Day - Dec. 25, 2019 Closed
- Boxing Day - Dec. 26, 2019 8:00am - 9:00pm
- New Year's Eve - Dec. 31, 2019 10:00am - 5:00pm
- New Year's Day - Jan. 1, 2020 10:00am - 7:00pm